- 4-Week Camping Sessions 1 & 2
- 2 Week Camping Gesher
- Tikvah - Special Needs
- Israel Seminar
- Special Needs Family Camp
- Summer Staff
- Camper's Corner
Year Round Programs
- RAMAH FUNDAY
- Family Camp
- Children's Weekend
- Women's Spirituality Weekend
- Learn More
- Monthly Update
- Donate Now
Camp Ohr Lanu
Thursday, jUNE 4 - Sunday, June 7, 2015
REGISTER NOW! SEE BELOW...
Special kids and their families deserve a special week.
Camp Ohr Lanu is designed to bring families together for a retreat of study, prayer, respite, support and fun in the beautiful hills of the Ojai Valley. Children with special needs ages 4 to 14, along with their parents and siblings, will enjoy specialized, therapeutic programming in a supportive environment. Ohr Lanu's warm, caring staff will include trained special educators, behavior and family education specialist, and individual counselors paired with each family. Each special needs child will choose a focus - dance, music, art or drama-facilitated by a trained therapist in that area. Siblings will participate in their own group activities, helping create bonds in a supportive environment. Parents will engage in texts, networking and relaxation. Together families will enjoy everything Camp Ramah offers: an Olympic size swimming pool, ropes course, hiking trails and more.
- Shabbat services and study
- Support and discussions base on Torah study and spiritual issues
- Opportunities to meet other families with similar challanges and to exchange ideas and resources
- Opportunities to network at a resource fair
For the Entire Family:
- Shabbat services, activities and Havdalah
- Get-to-know-you games and stories
- Daily family time to enjoy camp activities such as swimming, hiking, and ropes course
For Special Needs Children and Siblings:
- Scavenger hunts and games
- Drama games and singing
- Sibling workshops
- Daily focus activities (art, drama, dance, music) lead by trained professionals
Family accommodations include hotel-style rooms with individual climate control and private baths.
About the Program Leader
Elana Naftalin-Kelman, Director of the Tikvah Program, has worked at Camp Ramah and in the Tikvah Program for many summers. She has a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University and a Masters in Special Education from Bank Street College of Education. Elana and her husband have two sons.
About Camp Ramah
- Camp Ramah is located in Ojai, California
- Sports facilities include playing fields for baseball and soccer, courts for basketball, volleyball and tennis and an Olympic swimming pool.
- Modern kosher kitchens (separate meat and dairy kitchens), a large dining facility, a beautiful synagogue, and arts and craft studio, and outdoor amphhitheaters provide some of the settings for activities at camp.
Camp Ohr Lanu - A Thankful Family, written by the Gruen Family